Good News - Joint Pain Relief

The title should say JOINT Pain Relief(no way to edit the title)

My husband has had pain near his elbow joints for years and earlier this year it became much worse. Years ago they wanted to do surgery to "tighten the ligaments" in his arms but he decided against that. In spring, they did testing and his Rheumatoid Factor was slightly elevated so he was sent to a Rheumatologist for evaluation of potential Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA). The diagnosis was good news - inflamation and pain near the joint but not in the joint as in RA. He was told to wear compression bands below his elbows when he did strenuous activity to isolate the tendons and allow them to rest. He was also given 3 differnet NSAIDS (non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs) to try and pick the one that would work long term. So, he tried them for 2 weeks each and he switched took a 2 week break from Lipitor and eventually switched to Crestor for cholesterol in case that was causing the pain.

The NSAIDS worked OK and dulled the pain but it was still there and we weren't keen on adding another medication to his regime (especially if it was just OK). So, he tried taking a supplement with Glucosamine (1500mg), Chrondroiten (800 mg) and MSM (750mg), 2 per day, for a month and NO MORE PAIN!!!. He plans to continue to take the supplement long term.

Edited by MightyMouse

Guest dionna

that is awesome. i will have to remember that or well i will have to write it down. i have had a lot of pain in my joints esp the right wrist, both elbows and both knees. i have been looking to find something so i have to say that you are a angel. :):) and i am so thankful that you posted. i will have to try it! like i have always said i will try anything atleast once.

dionna :blink:

Years prior to my Mom's knee replacement surgery, the orthopedic surgeon suggested that she give the supplement a try. He quoted a fairly large percentage (unfortunately I can't remember the number) of his patients experienced improvement taking it - enough that he recommended it as a first course of treatment. The downside is that it is somewhat expensive and you have to take it for about 1 month before noticing results. It did not work for my Mom but I remembered the suggestion and it is working for my husband. I hope it helps some others.

Thanks Nina for fixing my typo!