How Many Of You Have An Hmo Insurance, And Are You Treated Poorly Because Of It?

Guest Julia59

Guest Julia59

I know some of us can't always have the best insurance due to many different circumstances.

I wondered if any of you have been treated poorly in ERs---or other medical facilities due to either being medicare/medicaid?

I'm very fortunate to be on my husbands insurance which is blue cross/anthem---but virtually no dental to speak of, and I have a lot of out of pocket expences for dental work--- :wub::ph34r:

I feel very fortunate to have any insurance these days. When I was working---our secondary insurance was great also----actually, mine was primary due to my birthday coming sooner. I also had bluecross---so virtually no expences out of pocket. That is gone now, but still OK with what we have.

Unfortunately, I have witnessed some poor treatment of patients who have gone to the ER---or to their physician who were on some kind of HMO/medicare---ect.

This my dears---we can't afford----we already get bad treatment due to the ignorance in the medical community on dysautonomia.

Julie :0)

ME!!!!!!!! more then once too.. i think its a crying same that people are treated differently based on there health insruance coverage or alck there of coverage!

I know along time ago my mom was seriously injured.. and taken to a hospital and the first thing they asked is if she had insurance.. she didnt.. and they refused to treat her..she had to be taken to another hospital for treatment.. we where just alking about it the other day.. she was like do you remember....I was like eyah...

But i know of some many people who are just brushed off or left to the way side b/c of there insurance.. I know that when I was working and was paying formy own insurance that i got much better treatment..and more things looked into.. verse now.. I've needed an MRI og my neck for several years.. and only after a severe paralyssing epsiode i got one.. not b/c the doc didintwant one done but b/c the insurance company would not pay for it to be done..

i aslo know that recently i had an er visit taht was horrid!!!! and that had that Er dco ordered an mri and done some blood work.. that he would have found what my docs are finding here at home.. but no his big ego and bad haircut!! (dr. mullet) and complete and totaly lack of respect for a soecialsts in the ans field and for the patient was just un called for!

Any doc that make aperson sobb is a horse's butt and then some..

I agree with you julie.. it just so sad!

Well, currently no health insurance, but when i did have it, it really wasn't much. We have NEVER had dental or eye doctors in the plan. Before my dad got a job is 2004 we always bought our own health insurance, but then he got a job and i had insurance.

This isn't the first time w/out insurance for me, just live in a bubble and pray i don't get hurt. :wub:

I owe soo much money in medical bills from not having insurance for a few months, which felt like years. This all happened as I was going to the hospital weekly at the very least...

My employer gives us a choice between an HMO & a PPO. I don't trust HMO's because there are too many limits on who you can see, so we have the PPO. Even so, the co-pays are really adding up.

I'm still working & haven't lost my insurance yet, but I worry about it a lot. Losing the income will be hard enough. I've known so many people hurt one way or another by our "Greatest medical system in the world" that I've been pushing for Universal Health Care for years now.

Guest Julia59

Thanks for the replies Girls!

It's bad enough that we get treated badly from different medical facilities when we have decent insurance----I can only imagine what it's like for those who have HMOs---medicare/medicaid----ect.

I guess I'm just plain tired of seeing people scared to go to the ER----fearing that they will get treated so poorly, that they may end up in worse shape after going to the ER----------------

SCARY STUFF!

Julie :0)

I owe soo much money in medical bills from not having insurance for a few months, which felt like years. This all happened as I was going to the hospital weekly at the very least...

Jacquie-

Just wondering if you have applied for financial assistance through hospital for these bills? Most have some assistance available?

Hi Nadine,

I have applied for some financial assistance, but alot of the money I owe is for the physician's fees..believe it or not....I believe it!

I see- that is how most end up with the huge medical debt, private physician fees. Hopefully they are letting you make payment plan. For some I know they can get past bills covered if they get retro medicare/medicaid.

I had formerly, several years ago, had an insurance that was major medical hospital insurance only and ended up with thousands of dollars of outpatient medical bills, so I can relate. Had over 20 dift people I was paying at one time. Pd. them $5 and up until they were finally pd. off. Most will not send to collection if you make regular payments and will still see you if attempting payments.