SOB While Sitting?

Hi Guys,

How common is it to get shortness of breath while sitting? I get it if I am standing for too long, but now sitting...? :)

Jacquie

I get it all the time! I think it has to do with the NCS. They told me when first diagnosed with NCS I couldn't faint while seated, although I proved 'em wrong! But most often when seated I don't faint, I just get short of breath, my heart starts pounding, and then my head starts spinning. It has also happened to me while laying down. That made me feel really out of shape, but now it's just normal for me.

That's me! I also get a sense of fullness in my midsection when sitting and a sqeezing pain. If I can lean back, I do a lot better.

I'm suspecting that mine is a case of blood pooling in my abdomen, but who knows?

Know that you are not alone, though. I am not convinced that the docs understand that this happens to us...

It makes me NUTS dealing with it! Even sitting in church is really tough!

Hang in!

I, too, get SOB when sitting. And before I quit working I managed to faint in my chair twice...

Church - now there's a challenge. I sit in the back pew and often slip my shoes off and turn sideways so I can put my feet up.

That's me! I also get a sense of fullness in my midsection when sitting and a sqeezing pain. If I can lean back, I do a lot better.

I'm suspecting that mine is a case of blood pooling in my abdomen, but who knows?

Know that you are not alone, though. I am not convinced that the docs understand that this happens to us...

It makes me NUTS dealing with it! Even sitting in church is really tough!

Hang in!

That's me as well... sometimes I get so uncomfortable sitting still, I'm moving around a lot, shifting clothes and positions and just feel incredibly restless while having trouble breathing. Strange feeling!

I am short of breath no matter what position, though it does get better if I am flat. So yes, you can get SOB sitting. If this is a new thing, probably best to get it checked.

Amy