allergy reactions

I am starting taking Acacia prebiotic & am having a slight burning/tingling in my mouth & throat where the drink came in contact with.  Would you consider this to be a type of allergy?   I've tried many other probiotics & couldn't take them & I really need this. Would like to have your input on this.  Thanks.

I read somewhere before ordering this product that "although it doesn't happen often, it could cause someone to have an allergic reaction". 

I do have allergies to a lot of foods and was hoping desperately to be able to take this.

Thanks for your response.

You'll definitely wanna check with the company that makes it, but that does sound a bit like an allergy reaction.. Though in the past I've had little reactions to some stuff where I was still ok to take it and get the benefits of it, hopefully that's the case with this for you. I guess this is like a no-filler prebiotic?

@gertie Also, it looks like there are some Acacia allergen labs available, including one for Acacia Gum.. Is it possible that your doctors may have tested you for Acacia allergies within a previous allergy panel at some point where it would maybe show up in your old test results?

Or since you seemed to react to it, maybe your dr would be open to ordering the acacia gum lab to get you allergy tested? (or if you're in a state that allows you to order your own labs out-of-pocket, there are some legit discount lab sites out there where you can order it yourself for fairly cheap and have it done just like normal.. there's no freedom quite like picking out your own bloodwork order and going and getting the labs and answers you need without having to beg permission 🥳)