Blood Oxygen level

Several years ago I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and dysautonomia but never pass out. Just all kinds of ongoing symptoms of which now there is a new one. I am extremely cold off and on throughout the day. Yesterday my O2 level bounced around so much we called EMT’s. They checked me all out and no signs of heart issues but were amazed at how cold my hands were. I feel unwell much of the time but try to stay busy as best I can. If I overexert I can have horrible bouts of IBS-c, fatigue and foggy brain. None of the EMT’s ever heard of dysautonomia which came as no surprise to me. Just wondering if anyone else has similar issues with extreme sensitivity to cold as well as low O2 level that comes and goes rapidly. So many strange symptoms all these years. Thanks very much and wishing you well. 

I’d guess that a lot of us have temperature regulation problems—both with heat and cold—and a very narrow range of temperatures that we can cope with. I have been especially cold this winter though it has always been a problem. When you say that your O2 Sats are bouncing around, what is the range? Mine are low normal—93-94.

I have PsA (Psoriatic arthritis) and secondary Dysautonomia. I have just had two days of increased symptoms incl. migraine (overnight the night before last), increased sweating for the last 2 days + night sweats, chest pain, sore throat, fatigue, shakiness etc (the usual stuff that comes & goes but worse), but in addition a low Pulse Ox (SpO2) of 88% average overnight.

My guess is that it's to do with a MAST Cell type activation - inflammatory, ANS response?

(Edit - I think I may have been lying on my arm when sleeping, reducing the blood flow & hence o2 levels. When monitored via my ankle my SpO2 is at normal levels (94% overnight). It just goes to show how trying to make sense of all the symptoms and the fluidity of the dysautonomia lived experience can feel like quite a puzzle being puzzled mostly alone. I am slowly working out what is happening and sometimes wander down the wrong path for a bit!).

Edited by KaraKS
Correct info discovered and added.