Excessive bloating/burping since treating pots?

Ed123

I used to have orthostatic nausea as a pots symptom, which completely cleared up from high salt/water/exercise. 2 weeks after starting pots treatment, I developed excessive bloating and burping, along with a vague hungry feeling which has gotten progressively worse. This was never a symptom I had when my pots was bad, and now I have almost no pots symptoms but this persists. This happens after I eat but also on an empty stomach sometimes. I took a ppi for a while which seemed to help a bit but then not really. I've also just been diagnosed w/ iron deficiency anemia and vitamin d deficiency, but no other problems. My serum electrolytes are fine but I've heard that your body stores can still be low which wouldn't be detected by that kind of blood test.

I don't just want to accept this as 'just another faulty nervous system thing' because my orthostatic nausea caused by pots was completely treatable with pots treatment.

@Ed123 - I used to have a lot of nausea with my POTS symptoms, as well as bloating and diarrhea. A coarse of many GI medicines took care of it. Now I only use PPI and Zofran as needed and I hardly ever need the Zofran. Bloating and burping after eating CAN be caused by swallowing air when chewing or drinking - could that be a reason?

It's just in the past my GI symptoms associated w/ POTS have been completely resolved through hydration, salt and exercise. I've heard it is common though. And not sure about the air swallowing since it was never a problem until recently. Thanks though!

• 2 weeks later...