Interest In A Dinet Lending Library?

Carrie

Interest in a DINET Lending Library?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello everyone,

This poll is to assess your interest in a *possible* DINET lending library. The basic idea is that members could request dysautonomia-related books from a DINET librarian, who would mail them to you at low or no cost. You would borrow the books for a set period of time, probably about one month, and then return them to DINET so another person could request the books. This idea has been successfully implemented by a UK-based thyroid organization, and I thought it might be beneficial to DINET members because most of our local libraries do not have the books we need, and buying the books individually can be very costly.

However, before I pursue this much further, I’d like to see if you are interested in this project. It would be a large undertaking and I don’t want to get anyone’s hopes up or invest in it if it is not a project that will work for us. There will also be quite a few legal details to work out before we could get started, including restrictions on online fundraising and privacy concerns with mailing addresses. So there is still the possibility that even if we want to move forward with the project there may be some big barriers. But if you could take the time to answer the poll, that will give us a feel for how much interest and value there would be in a library project.

Wishing you health and happiness,

Carrie

I know I am biased in this area... since I am a librarian :rolleyes: ... but want to thank you for this idea, Carrie, and for putting the poll out. Will be interested to see if the idea takes off and would be willing to help if needed in the future!