How To Cope With The Common Cold

Synthem

Whether you just sneezed seven times in a row, or woke up with that distinct scratch in your throat, you just know— I'm coming down with a cold. As soon as you realize that, I'm sure that you have some kind of routine or magical "get better fast" aid that you begin right away. Especially since the common cold can cause nasty symptoms flare ups and all kinds of unpleasant symptoms for us potsies. So here is my question for you all:

What do you do to make a head cold more bearable?

What do you do to help ensure it doesn't cause a total dys meltdown?

Are there certain activities that make you feel better? Do you have a special sick day routine, like sitting down and watching Friends reruns until you fall asleep? Maybe there's a special family recipe for spicy food that helps clear up all your sinuses! I thought it might be fun ( and handy ) to trade secrets on how we cope with colds on top of our chronic illnesses, since it is an inevitable evil we all must face sooner or later.

I encourage you to include your tactics for dealing with symptom flares in this kind of situation. I feel like there's a significant difference between how I personally approach symptoms and flare ups normally, and what I do when we're dealing with colds and viruses on top of them; and not only when it comes to how much you hydrate, although that is by far the most important thing, IMO.

My own answer to this would have to be tons of vitamin c. I am a big fan of the emergen-c packets, as gross as they are. If I can start my vitamin c binge ( I use that word lightly, as I always make sure I am not getting too much; you know what they say about too much of a good thing ) before the cold reaches full swing, I honestly feel as if it shortens the length of the cold, though not as much as I wish it would.