You Won't Believe What My Husband Came Across Yesterday

Guest Hanice

Guest Hanice

He was working and he passes by this standing french couple, he excuses himself as he's passing by them (since they were kind of in the way) and then he notices the woman had "that face" (the crappy face I make). He asked "are you feeling okay?" her husband was holding her tight, as if keeping her from falling. My husband instantly thought omg pots! He brought them both chairs and water and began to ask questions.... she told him "I can't stand for very long because I feel like I'm going to faint." She also said that when she sits back down she feels better.... WHAT ARE THE CHANCES!?!? He kept talking and saying, "look I think you have the same thing my wife has, she has postural orthostatic takychardia syndrome." (He wrote it down for her on a piece of paper and told her , that not many docotrs know what it is.) He also noticed she was very pale, and as soon as she sat down, her face became flushed.

I am so proud of my husband's quick thinking and kindness. He could have just saved someone from a whole lot of searching and madness..

On another note, yesterday I was virtually pots free, my beats would rise only about 20 bpm when standing. Today, not so much -_- 40+.... So. I alsways think OMG could I be getting better? Could I be getting over my pots? No hunny not today anyways.....

That was very nice of him! Somebody else may have just thought about it and kept walking.

I know how you feel about thinking you may be getting better. Sometimes I feel so good I think "This is it! I'm normal again!", then POOF! I am soooooo not normal again!

Good job.

Many of us dont have classic POTS bp/heartbeat problems, so i wonder if we can also share it as dysfunction of the autonomic nervous system in the science of neurology.

I dont consider myself to have POTS because i rarely go into the classic symptoms, but ive got everything else associated with dysautonomia

Ive only been recorded with serious tach a few times, and out of control bp or heartrate similar. I dont have the orthostatic symptoms that

are classic.

I have everything else

-extreme heat intolerance, short breath, weak, fog, dizzy, syncope, sleep disturbance, disregulation of sympathetic nervous system,

blood pooling, slow stomach content emptying and excercise intolerance in the sense that i cant spike my bp --i have to do slow rythmic excercise so

my tennis days are over.

Cleveland Clinic confirms diminished sweating but not low blood vol. Ive also suffered from low adrenal function at times.

On the positive side, swimming like so many is a miracle worker, because it seems to lower my CORE temp (not recorded temperature) and helps the blood stop pooling, and my veins regulated.

Strangely, bradycardia is a bigger problem, im recorded as going down as low as 44 hpm.

One time, i became delerious while driving and barely made it to hospital where they had to raise my heartbeat.

I have to remain hyper hydrated, and electrolyted. (lol).

I also use klonopin, which seems to be the miracle drug for many of us. It does not give me a buzz nor do i feel hooked on it. I use

it as needed to pull out of a flare.

Such a sweet guy, he probably saved her from a faint. I'm glad she has somewhere to start now, on finding out what's wrong with her!