I Got A Loop Recorder Implanted

Hopsmom

I got my loop recorder yesterday. Cost me 1000 dollars after my insurance paid but I don't care. I want someone to help me. I think my cardiologist is leaning towards a pacemaker. I already wear compression stockings daily, take Zoloft, Florinef, metoprolol and Xanax prn. This has went on for seven years. I'm a 29 year old with a five mth old and a full time job. I am an RN and I work as a home health and hospice coordinator in the hospital. I'm soooooo tired of it. If a pacemaker could help me....I'm ready. Vanderbilt said it won't help but they have never recorded one of my near syncopal episodes. All these years and monitors on and off and I never have a big episode on the monitor.

I'm new to this forum but have had pots for a while soooooooo frustrating. I don't know how to navigate this App very well though. I don't know how to upload photo or info to my profile. I have Pots so I don't know what will happen with the recorder. Probably nothing but if it could be corrected with a pacemaker I'm totally ready. What symptoms do u have?

Well HI and welcome! I'm Traci and I have POTS as well. I have the typical tachycardia which can be anytime with any movement but more pronounced when standing of course. My biggest complaint is the lightheadedness. It is why I can't drive anymore. I also have other symptoms such as fatigue, seizury head feeling, shortness of breath, dizzy, chest discomfort, low and high blood pressures. Luckily I'm not homebound like some other people but I just push through and work because I feel like I have to. What are your symptoms or main complaints? Hopefully the pacemaker will be an option and it will help if you are given that opportunity to get one.

As far as putting a picture and content to your profile, I bet I could play around and figure it out, there may be an edit button if you click on your icon (where you pic would be) but off the top of my head, i'm not sure step by step. Hopefully someone else can answer that before I'm able to.

Glad to meet you :) hope you feel better soon

Well I have the tachycardia and also irregular heart beats, dizziness nausea chest pain strange feeling in my head ( dizzy blurred vision light headed) but the worst is the near syncope and syncope. I can't stand in lines somedays I can't take showers or fix my hair standing. I'm just sill scared I'm going to cardiac arrest from this. My quality of life is not what I want it to be. I'm miserable.