Just Feel Like Giving Up

lieze

Hummmm.... I'm not sure about either the raisins or the sunflower seeds. There is conflicting info in the internet about it. I think your safest thing is to call the company or go to the web site and see if you can find any info. If you go to Newman's own site they say that their raisins contain no sulfites, but I'm thinking there are a few naturally occurring sulfites.

On this page on the bottom there is a trail mix that looks like it *might* work for you. It's called "Not Nuts." http://www.food4celiacs.com/ShopOnline/JOY/220.html

Honestly though I'm wondering why a doctor hasn't put you on some kind of IV nutrition until you figure some more stuff out. I know it's not the same but when I was pregnant and had HG (and threw up 30 or more times a day) the weaker I got the less I tolerated even my "safe" foods. Something that is well known in the HG community - the weaker and more dehydrated your body gets the more it rejects everything (even medication!). My thought is that you are getting too weak and your body is reacting very badly.

I know that I'm a newbie so I don't know much about your story but I'm wondering if you would do well from IV therapy (the IV with good stuff in it). Are you dehydrated? (Maybe we all are?) Can you just go to the ER and tell them that you've been sick and are very dehydrated and haven't been able to eat for weeks? They should at least be able to help you with that.

I think every study ever done on POTS sites that universally, patients all feel better after IV therapy... it would be worth a try.

eta - have you checked for ketones in your urine? It might be very important to do. You can get the testing strips at any local pharmacy. If your levels are very high I would call your doctor and tell them about it. It can be dangerous if your levels get too high. It would help you get some quick attention if your levels are too high.