Leukopenia, Neutropenia...

juliegee

Hi All-

I just came back from a physical & my doc revealed that I had leukopenia, low white blood cell count, and neutropenia, low number of circulating neutrophils. I previously had learned that I had low immunoglobulins- specifically IgG. I'm trying to understand this.... Does anyone else have a similar blood work pattern? I'm supposed to go back in one month to have the tests re-done.

Thanks for any input-

Julie

Julie,

Lyme's disease can tank your white count. Could that be your cause? :huh:

I had that early in June & was treated...could it still be affecting me???

American Lyme disease foundation

It is a co-infection borne along with Lyme's Disease that tanks your white count. I don't know if it would still effect your immune system or not. Ask your infectious disease doc. Just be careful! Don't be around sick people!!!!!!!! :o

It is a co-infection borne along with Lyme's Disease that tanks your white count. I don't know if it would still effect your immune system or not. Ask your infectious disease doc. Just be careful! Don't be around sick people!!!!!!!! :o

Thanks for the idea, Jennifer- but I don't have those symptoms. This is mysterious & I feel like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. I don't understand it.

Apparently, I'm susceptible to everything & when I get it; it's supposed to be dire as I have no white cells to fight it. The only thing I have is a chronic low grade sinus infection that I keep controlled with daily use of the Neti with antibiotic saline solution.

I thought other "potsies" may be dealing with this :rolleyes: Guess I'm just the lucky one...

Thanks for your input. i really appreciate it.

Julei

• 2 years later...
Guest mattgreen

Just bringing this back up because I had blood results return 'mild neutropenia' today for the nth time. First noticed probably a year or so ago.

Does anyone have any clue what this may be indicative of? I haven't had an infection in years and wounds heal quickly. Remaining blood results (FBC) are perfect.