Bp Increased 40 Points Post-exercise

kjdube

I force myself to exercise as I always feel better afterwards, primarily I do weightlifting. Decided yesterday to take my BP before and then 15 min. after a 45 minute workout.

Before: 84/43

After: 126/74

This must be how normal people feel with good BP. Wish I could have that feeling of energy all the time !

I would love to do more weightlifting, but it seems to knock me out completely. I'm lucky that I can still do some cardio 3-4 times a week, still. I've always worked out, so I feel so grumpy if I can't do something, even if it's a 20 minute slow walk. Have you been weightlifting a long time? Do you do cardio? I'm just asking because while your number are reasonable (I also have low BP), it seems like your BP would have gone down a little more after 15 minutes. Have you tried taking your BP right when you finish your workout to know what your high is? I tend to work out until I reach a BP of around 135-150, and try to keep it in that range, then slowly cool down.

It's great that you're getting that activity in!

Cheers,

Jana

Yes I've been weightlifting 15yrs. Never thought of checking my BP right after, I will try that. Can't do very much cardio. Even walking at a quick pace makes me dizzy. So I use weights for lower body and my weight bench for upper body. Also do stretching and abs.

potsgirl do you feel better when your bp is higher, after your workout?

Immediately after exercise I might feel okay, but it's not unusual for me to "crash". That means, I fall asleep or get really tired, say, about 15 - 30 minutes afterwards. I've been this way even before my POTS diagnosis.

I'm glad exercising helps you feel better. That has never been true for me. I do it anyway.

How funny....I can do aerobic work easier than I can do weights. Usually by the time I'm done working out, especially if I've worked too hard, I feel pretty depleted. I'm glad you feel better, though!

Cheers,

Jana