Ibufroben

Hi I take this regularly for inflammation that is not related to POTS. But I was wondering if anyone else had noticed that this effected their symptoms?

I recently took it for tooth and gum related inflammation. Supposedly, I read somewhere, that it can help the POTS symptoms, or maybe I read NSAIDS helps with irritable bowel (I'm forgetting)?

I do not take it regularly. I mean I've stopped now. Just be careful. I had a friend at work whose husband was taking NSAIDS regularly and one day he collapsed from a hole in his stomach (the pills caused an ulcer), and it was downhill from there. It's a long dtory, but he became disabled. He had no idea that he was causing an ulcer.

Do you have to be on NSAIDS long-term? Hopefully, you eat when you take the pills?

I feel better on ibuprofin. I only take 1 pill at a time. During my period I may be on it for days (every 5 hours or so). My POTS flares seem to be less (shorter, less often) if I am taking ibuprofin.

At times, I get hip socket pain (like when we are going to get rain) and I'll take it again for a few days at a time.

As I am aware and cautious about taking this too often, for reasons futurehope stated above ... if I get a headache or mild discomfort, I try and do everything else (hot packs, ice, ginger, aloe, lavender ...) before deciding to take an Advil. But when I do take one, both the pain and level of sympo symptoms subside.

hi!

i use to take it, but can't now---as it is contraindicated w/beta blocker inderal[propanolol ].......

not sure if same w/ all beta blockers...?????

was gr8 for me--as i was always careful to bury in food....and its anti-inflammatory properties, and help w/ pain-seemed awesome to me-and agreed w/ me.

sure do miss it.

arghhhhhhhhhhh!

of course--doc's didn't tell me to come off it--but it made me feel like my head gonna blow off when i started taking the inderal w/it.

so--there it was--in the med contraindications.....>not to take NSAIDS w/ inderal.

know the mix of the 2 drugs made my BP sore...and i am normally running the usual LOw---BP---TRYING TO KEEP IT FROM PLUMMETTING W/ salt....compression hose..h20.......ETC.......

just thought perhaps....any of this may apply to you ??--to help.... :)

best regards to you & all,

Pam

Guest tearose

Unfortunately, ibuprofen irritates my lymphatic system and I wind up will increased swelling in my lymphedema arm and leg.

I only use Tylenol or a knockoff of tylenol and it makes me feel sleepy.

I took it yesterday for a soer back and went to the local store and suddenly noticed I had been standing in the line there for maybe 14 minutes or so without even thinking and I felt almost relaxed, not dizzy and not fidgety.

Unfortunately anti inflams also make me tired and my wife tells me 'irritable' as well. But I wonder why this would be the case? Ive read that maybe they can modulate blood volume?