Anyone Found Help For Body Adjusting From Sleep To Waking Up?

Have you found any tricks to help your body adjust between sleep and waking up. I can feel poorly in my last stages of sleep, and then when I wake up I feel dead.....like I have no blood pressure and no circulation. Has anything helped you with this?

Thanks in advance.

I can't say that I've tried this yet, but my doctor told me to eat a handful of pretzels or another high salt food before getting out of bed in the morning. Also, if you take Midodrine, to take that before getting up, too.

Hope these suggestions might help! I can relate to the horrible morning syndrome. I would never leave the bed if I felt like I was going to feel that way all day.

Take Care,

potsgirl

I take my Midodrine, and whatever stimulant I happen to be on, 30 minutes before getting up, as some here also do. I also try to drink 16oz. of water rapidly about 5-10 minutes before getting up (it creates a pressor response), and usually put on compression hose right before getting up, as well.

I take my all of my medication before I get out of bed. I try to take it 30 minutes or so before getting up and then try to get up. I leave all my pills and a bottle of water or gatorade on my night stand, it definitely makes a difference.

Stace915,

What medications are you currently taking? I'm thinking I need Midodrine, or florinef or a stimulant. If I don't do anything, I cannot expect to feel differently.

Hi,

How is it that I am sitting here thinking about how difficult waking up has gotten for me in the past couple of months, and then I come across this post? I used to feel ok getting up, but started going downhill once I was out of the bed, eating, and moving around. Now, I wake up in the morning and am hit with feeling extremely warm and flushed, getting the sweats, waves of nausea, stomach cramps, light-headed, etc. I feel these symptoms BEFORE I get out of the bed. It seems that I get them just from the act of waking up. Once I try to get out of the bed, I can barely manage to make it to the sink to splash some very cold water on my face and quickly get to the table where I can sit down. Is this what others are experiencing? Does anyone know what causes this? I never had it before - like I said I used to wake up ok, but now I am waking up with my body struggling before I even move out of the bed. Thank you in advance for your feedback!

~ Broken_Shell :o

Guest elyag
I can't say that I've tried this yet, but my doctor told me to eat a handful of pretzels or another high salt food before getting out of bed in the morning. Also, if you take Midodrine, to take that before getting up, too.

Hope these suggestions might help! I can relate to the horrible morning syndrome. I would never leave the bed if I felt like I was going to feel that way all day.

Take Care,

potsgirl

Interesting. I find I do better in the morning if I've had a handful of pretzels about an hour before I go to sleep.

Mornings are tough. I feel like I'm fighting my body to wake up and get moving. Some things that help a little are taking my meds and drinking a tall glass of Gatorade while still in bed. Sometimes I'll also drink my coffee and eat breakfast while still in bed.

I hope you can find something to make your mornings a little easier.

Rachel

Hi,

Moving slowly and giving myself time to wakeup. Drinking fluids. If your bp tends to be really low this time of day you can do the drink a glass of water rapidly (within 5 or 10 min) to get the pressor response to help increase your BP. Also, planning meds accordingly. Some take them a 1/2 or so before getting out of bed... Also, just making sure to take the meds that make you more drowsy at night and the ones that help BP/HR etc. at the time that gives you the most benefit throughout the day.

Also, this is where the whole tilting of the head of the bed is supposed to come in to play... Not to say I am a fan (see my recent post). BUT, it is supposed to decrease amount of fluid lost to kidneys overnight by allowing it to pool, AND by sleeping tilted it is theorized that it keeps the ANS more RAMPED up overnight. So, by not allowing your ANS to relax as much overnight it is primed and ready for when you wake up. So, then your HR, BP, etc. are supposed to stay more consistent through the night. (Not sure I explained it exactly correct or that this theory works, but it was what I was told.)

:)

Guest tearose

Morning is my favorite time of day because I love the darkness just before the dawn...it is so hopeful and refreshing and beautiful...I may even meditate but will have to return to a reclining position at times,

But that is my mind and soul speaking.

My body is like a rag doll in the morning. I have to slowly drink water, tea and slowly move and slowly allow my body to come up to oscillating speed. It takes me a long time between getting out of bed and getting hydrated, fed, washed, back to get washed and then unto compression and dressed.

I have only found that time, hydration, compression and caffeine, helps me go from the horizontal hours to the vertical ones. I often find myself sitting at the kitchen table with my tea and I have brought my legs up onto the chair...I am always compensating for the poor blood distribution.

I hope you find what helps you.