Back From Vanderbilt

ken870

i have just got home from vanderbilt and doctor roberston and biggaggoni diagnosed me with pots,orthostatic intolerance, chronic fatigue syndrome,autonomic neuropathy and fibromyalgia and the medicines they gave me was lyrica and propranolol for my fibromyalgia and pots and to all that is wondering if it is a good place to go i am here to tell you that you could not find a better place to go because the doctors there and the nurses plus bonnie back are some of the most special people that you would ever want to meet and the time i was there to the time i left they was right there asking all the time what they could do for me and how they could help me feel better and one other thing doctor roberston said was that pots had me bedridden and to get back into shape he wanted me to change my lifestyle by trying to move as much as i can each day and possibly in a year or two that i would not be bedridden like i am now.

i have just got home from vanderbilt and doctor roberston and biggaggoni diagnosed me with pots,orthostatic intolerance, chronic fatigue syndrome,autonomic neuropathy and fibromyalgia and the medicines they gave me was lyrica and propranolol for my fibromyalgia and pots and to all that is wondering if it is a good place to go i am here to tell you that you could not find a better place to go because the doctors there and the nurses plus bonnie back are some of the most special people that you would ever want to meet and the time i was there to the time i left they was right there asking all the time what they could do for me and how they could help me feel better and one other thing doctor roberston said was that pots had me bedridden and to get back into shape he wanted me to change my lifestyle by trying to move as much as i can each day and possibly in a year or two that i would not be bedridden like i am now.

I'm really happy that you had a good experience.

I have a difficult time reading your account, though, as there are no capital letters, sentences, periods or commas or spaces. Is this how you write when you text message? I don't text so I wouldn't know.

That's great! You've been so sick and I'm glad you have some hope. I hope you are able to start getting stronger. It has helped my symptoms somewhat to work on getting my lower body stronger. I hope the meds help your heartrate and your pain! Lyrica helped my pain tons, I just wish it didn't make me so constipated. But my mom takes it without any problems except being "fuzzy headed." Would we know the difference though with all our brain fog???

:):D:D:D:D:D:D:D

That's great! You've been so sick and I'm glad you have some hope. I hope you are able to start getting stronger. It has helped my symptoms somewhat to work on getting my lower body stronger. I hope the meds help your heartrate and your pain! Lyrica helped my pain tons, I just wish it didn't make me so constipated. But my mom takes it without any problems except being "fuzzy headed." Would we know the difference though with all our brain fog???

:):):D:D:D:D:D:D

are you still taking lyrica and is it still helping you also they gave me propranolol for pots and somedody told me propranolol is elavil which they also use for fibromyalgia is that true.

Hi,

All the meds you listed are different. Whoever said that was confused. What you were given was a beta blocker. Beta blockers most common use for people outside the POTS world is high blood pressure. Lyrica is very different and can be used for chronic pain, fibromyalgia etc. Elavil is an antidepressant also known as amitriptyiline (sp?) and can be used to treat fibromyalgia too.