Uk Doctor? Just Moved To Sussex

E246

Have been seeing a really helpful cardiologist privately in Newcastle - Dr Ian Purcell. He has helped me so much even though his speciality is cardiology. It worked for me as so many of my symptoms have been to do with chest pain. He listened and worked with me.

So now I've moved 350 miles to Sussex and not sure if anyone on this site has either a good GP around here or what Pots doctors are available, either privately or NHS.

Really appreciate any help.

Thanks

Emma,

Is Dr. Purcell familiar enough with POTS to be on our physician list? Or were you his 1st patient? Regardless, glad he was willing to help you!

Hope one of our other UK peeps can help you out with a name. Have you checked DINET's list? There are some UK docs on there but I have no idea where they are in relation to you. http://dinet.org/index.php/physician-list?view=physicians

Thanks Katy,

Yes I think Dr Purcell should be on the list - he was clearly dealing with other dysautonomic patients and gave me a lot of help but also reassurance. I will email him and check he is happy for that to happen.

Yes I was hoping this email might put me in touch with someone local. I have been quite well for a few years and then had an awful flare as we moved house.

Thanks

Professor Mathias is the best in the UK and travels to the US conferences and works with Vanderbilt etc.

He's private but worth it, there is a NHS team under him too Dr Ingles, but they are long waiting times.

Up to you :)

I am gonna book an appt with him again soon, after the main appts you can do telephone appts its cool :)

Thanks Andy,

I did see Mathias through the NHS just before he retired and through that department was also diagnosed with EDS 3. I have a lot of chest pain so not sure if a cardio/pots doctor is better. Was just wondering what the options are. Did he diagnose the Mast Cell?

Hi Emma,

I'm not able to send you a PM. If you are having issues with your private mailbox on this forum and you need help fixing it, please let me know.

Also, when you have a moment, can you email me the address and phone number and/or website for Dr. Purcell to physicianlist@dinet.org? Thanks a bunch!

• 1 month later...

sorry to ressurect this topic, but emmas inbox is faulty so, had to post here

hi emma im based in middlesbrough and ive been thinking of going private, as i cant seem to get anywhere on the nhs, my pots/dysautonomia, can be pretty bad at times, but its not, a massively significant case but does make everyday tasks difficult, such as carrying things etc, im lookin for an impartial doctor that isnt going to judge me on past reports, and also knows enough to know that while my case may be minor compared to some it is effecting me enough for there to be an issue, is dr purcell like this and will he listen to my concerns and not stigmatize me, as ive suffered with anxiety and mental health previously. also how much is one initial consultation? thanks josh.